Ever want just a different look? Tired of looking at the same home decor day after day? Do you have a wall of family photos with all different frames? Well, change it up a bit. This can easily be accomplished with very little expense to you. Here an idea I hope you will give a try before spending a lot of money or a day shopping to try to find the right sized frames.
Have you just re-painted but don’t like the way your photo frames look in contrast to you new paint color choice? PAINT THEM ! Here’s how.
YOU WILL NEED:
White or black paint (these colors usually look good on any colored wall) or the color of your choosing
Craft paint the color of your choice ( you can find at your local Walmart or craft store)
Matte or glossy clear spray paint ( optional
Something to protect your work area
A cardboard box ( package box,pizza box, whatever you have)
1. Remove all your cherished photos and glass from frames and set photos in a safe place where you can store safely for a few hours.
2. Fill sink with soap and water and wash and rinse both sides of your photo frame glass and set on towel to dry.
3. Cover the surface where you plan to paint your frames.
4. Paint sides of all frames only and set aside to dry.
5. When dried, paint the faces of your frames , taking care not to drip down sides of frames. If you are covering dark frames with a lighter color paint do two light coats rather than one heavy coat.
6. Once dried take the frames outside or in your garage with door opened.
7. Spread a cardboard box open onto the floor . Place frames onto it being sure Spray with a clear coat paint . Do not spray too much as this will cause dripping.
7. Be sure not to neglect the old photo inserts that came with your frame. You can use the paint color of your room to paint these, keep them as is if they are not damaged or worn , or reverse them so that they look fresher.
8. Now that your frames are completely dried, you can reinsert photos.
NOTE: When picking craft paint do not use glossy kind. It is less forgiving when you get a drip and not necessary since you will be clear coating . Clear coat spray paint makes them easier to wipe down if dusty and prevents paint from coming off. Please see my blog on GALLERY PERFECT PICTURE HANGING TIP.