EASY STRAWBERRY POUNDCAKE
Very simple but elegant dessert. Your friends will think it took hours to make. YOU WILL NEED:
1. Pre-made , store bought poundcake that is moist.
2. Home made whipped cream ( see my recipe) you can use store bought but it doesn’t hold up as well in the refrigerator.
3. Ripe strawberries or frozen in syrup.
4. Waxed paper or parchment paper
INSTRUCTIONS: 1. Prepare homemade whipped cream and place covered into refrigerator.
2.Take poundcake and cut in half lengthwise and set top half aside.
3.Put bottom half on top of serving platter.
4. Cut small pieces of parchment or waxed paper and place under all sides of pound cake bottom so that the paper hangs over the sides of platter. ( this helps you have a very clean platter as you will remove it carefully after frosting entire cake)
5.Cut strawberries thinly lengthwise across entire pound cake . Spread whipped cream on top of strawberries.
6. Carefully taking top half of pound cake and now place on top of bottom half. If it seems like its going to break, lift with spatula.
7. Coat top layer and all sides with remaining whipped cream. Add sliced strawberries across top of cake in whatever design you choose. Can be three or four evenly spaced or make a line down the center of cake of sliced strawberries , partially overlapping each other, across the entire cake. The look is whatever you want it to be.
8. Remove paper and refrigerate till serving. Yummy! Enjoy!
NOTE:You can place sliced strawberries in bowl and sprinkle with sugar for added sweetness. Let sit fifteen minutes before placing on cake. Have a blessed day!