click photo to enlarge
YOU WILL NEED:
1. Wire basket from your local dollar store.
2. One 50- count colored Christmas light set also from your dollar store.
3. Small Pine cones you have gathered or purchased.
4. White acrylic craft paint.
5. One inch paint brush or half inch, whatever you have.
1. If you have gathered your pine cones, brush off any dirt from pine cones and rinse if you need to. DO NOT SOAK or they will close tight and not look as nice.
2. When pine cone is dry, with a paintbrush dipped in white paint, stroke downward only from widest part of pinecone to smallest end and set aside to dry. This resembles fallen snow.
3. Once dry, assemble pine cones and a fifty- strand Christmas light set inside basket. Doing this with light set on eliminates the risk of putting the wrong end in first as well as let’s you place lights for maximum color show.